Wednesday, May 23, 2012

OPI Nicki Minaj swatches (Part 2)

I'm back with the second post in my two-part swatch and review of the OPI Nicki Minaj mini collection...you can see the first post here if you missed it! The first two polishes in the collection were OPI Did It on 'Em and OPI Fly, and the second two are OPI Pink Friday and OPI Metallic 4 Life.


But...wait just a moment?



The packaging clearly says that this polish is OPI Metallic 4 Life, but when I took a closer look at the bottles, it seems like it might be OPI Save Me, a different polish from the collection, instead. Isn't that strange?

Here's images from OPI of each, to compare. Top is OPI Metallic 4 Life, bottom is OPI Save Me.




And here's a picture of the bottle that I got.



Yep, it's NOT OPI Metallic 4 Life. Which is disappointing, because I actually was looking forward to that one! However, after doing this manicure, I did fall in love with what I actually got.

The manicure that I did with OPI Pink Friday and OPI Save Me was inspired by this post on Rebecca Like Nails, which is one of my favorite nail blogs. It's called a Manhattan Cocktail Manicure, and basically, all your nails are one color, except for your thumb and first two fingers on your right hand, or "cocktail hand," and you paint those colors something contrasting, like a fun glitter.



So on my left hand, all my nails are painted in two coats of OPI Pink Friday, with OPI Natural Nails basecoat and China Glaze Fast Forward topcoat. It's a bubble gum pink that I wasn't sure if I liked at first, since I'm not normally a fan of pink, but it's slowly growing on me, and the formula was fantastic.



But on my right hand, my accent nails have a coat of China Glaze Liquid Leather (a great black for layering glitter over!) followed by three coats of OPI Save Me, which is my new favorite glitter! It's got small silver glitter with tiny HOLOGRAPHIC bar glitter! It looks so incredible in the sunlight. I've never had a polish with bar glitter, much less beautiful holographic bar glitter. I can't stop staring at my nails every time I go outdoors.

Three coats of OPI Save Me actually covered pretty well, I'm not sure if I needed the Liquid Leather underneath. Although at first I was super disappointed that I didn't get OPI Metallic 4 Life, I'm over it now because OPI Save Me is so fantastic!



Here's another picture of the glitter, out of focus so you can see the pretty colors in the bar glitter better.

And here's pictures of my hands side by side so you can see the Manhattan Cocktail Mani effect!



What do you think? Did anyone else get OPI Save Me instead of what was supposed to be in the package? Should I go get a large bottle of OPI Metallic 4 Life? Is it worth it? Let me know what you think in the comments below!




No comments:

Post a Comment