Monday, May 7, 2012

Latest swatches -- OPI and Zoya

Hello loves, sorry that I haven't posted in the last few days or that I didn't participate in Mani Monday today! I had to leave town because of an illness in the family, things are not great but I'm just thankful that they're not any worse. I've only had a bit of time to do my nails as a result, and no time to get great photos of these, but here's a few things I've had on my nails in the last week or so. They're unfortunately all cell phone/Instagram photos, but that's all I have.

This is three coats of OPI - My Pointe Exactly with one coat of OPI - Pirouette My Whistle. Sorry about the crappy cell phone photo!


Even after three coats, there is definitely still some VNL, which bugged me, but moreso I didn't like the light grey on my nails/skin tone. I felt like my nails looked stained. But I really liked the Pirouette My Whistle glitter coat, and I think the other colors that I got from the OPI New York Ballet collection will look better on me. I got the four-pack of minis from this one, which is the first time I've gotten the minis. I think I've always been worried that they'd be two small, and that the brush would be too small, and that I'd run out of polish after three manicures. None of my fears came true! In fact, the smaller brush even made it easier to paint more neatly. I'd definitely get the mini's again, especially if I wasn't wild about a collection.

I also got my first Zoya polishes, Wednesday and Juno! I've been loving Wednesday since I first saw the swatches, and of course I had to have Juno! I was so excited that there was a polish named after me. I'm not wild about purples, but I still bought it.



I was wearing Juno the day before yesterday, but with everything that's been going on, I completely forgot to take a picture of it before I took it off! I felt so bad, but what that means is that I'll definitely be wearing it again. It's much prettier than I expected, its a rich purple with a touch of gold/green duochrome in it. It dries very shiny, and my boyfriend absolutely loved it! He thought it was so awesome that there was a nail polish with the same name as me.


And last but definitely not least, the polish that I've been waiting for for months! OPI - Just Spotted the Lizard is everything that I've been dreaming about since I first saw the press release. It's the most perfect gold/green iridescent duochrome, an exact dupe for Chanel Peridot (which I don't own, but now I don't need to!), and pretty much my new favorite polish. I'm so excited, I'll probably get a second bottle. It's from the OPI Spiderman collection, which is in stores this month. I also have my eye on a couple other polishes from that collection, but I haven't bought them yet. I was too excited about this one!

Anyway, my time's up for being on the internet right now, I got a bunch of other things I need to take care of. Thanks for reading, and feel free to comment on any of these polishes below! Which one's your favorite??


No comments:

Post a Comment