Monday, April 30, 2012

Tape Manicure featuring China Glaze - For Audrey

Today's a special day, because I'm linking up with Glitter and Gloss and Just Love.ly Things for their first Mani Monday!!



So the day after I posted my China Glaze - For Audrey swatch last week, I was getting ready to redo my nails. But I loved the For Audrey so much, I decided that I couldn't bear to take it off yet -- so I decided to keep it for another day by trying something new on top. What to try? Well, I have bunches of untested nail polishes, and even more great ideas that I've seen around the internet and on Pinterest. So I decided to try a tape manicure!

Choosing the other color was made easier by the fact that I had just picked up this totally rad set of metallic/shimmer nail polishes in a assortment of earthy colors from Urban Outfitters. I had gone in to see if they carried Model's Own (they do), but spotted these on the sale rack instead. Normally retailed for $20 -- which is still a great deal for six polishes -- but I scored them for only $4.99. O.O


I don't actually know what brand these are, because they don't have labels, or even names for that matter. The box said "Paint Palette" but when I looked online I saw polishes in identical bottles that identified them as "UO Nail Polish." So...it's a mystery. I wish they had names, too...in fact I'm tempted to give them names myself! If they do have names, can someone please fill me in on what they are?

I chose the most glittery gold one and decided to give it a whirl. It had a great formula! It went on perfectly smooth, the brush was excellent, and it only took one coat to cover over the For Audrey and China Glaze Fast Forward top coat that I was already wearing. I also really like the square bottle. It's heavier than most bottles, and I'm not constantly worried that I'm going to knock it over. I'm seriously impressed for a clothing store polish, and I can't wait to test out the other five bottles. If they are as good as this one was, I'll be buying way more polish from UO in the future.

 So here's the colors I actually used for this mani.

To actually do the tape mani was also super easy. I just grabbed a roll of tape and placed it over my nails so that part was uncovered and part was covered. Then I put a coat of polish over it, waited a couple minutes for it to dry, and peeled off the tape. The lines are crisp and clean! I waited a couple more minutes before applying another coat of China Glaze - Fast Forward topcoat because I didn't want to smear the lines, and then it was good to go!




I really like this look, since it's pretty and modern all at the same time--and super easy. It was easy to succeed at, even on my right hand.  It was the boyfriend and mine's six-month anniversary on Saturday, so I wore this manicure on our date as well. In fact, I'm still wearing it now, almost three days later. It's not often that I leave my nails alone for that long! I'll definitely be trying more tape mani's in the future.

Thanks for reading, and I hope I inspired someone to try a tape mani too! Let me know what you think in the comments below.

Love, Juno

6 comments:

  1. Name them yourself, girl! :)

    Your manicure is awesome - thanks for linking up with the first ever Mani Monday! We hope to "see" you again next week!

    xo,
    Heather @ Glitter and Gloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather, I'll be linking up next week for sure!

      Delete
  2. I looove that look! My niece wants me to try it on her, so now I have another pic to work off of. Thanks!

    Visiting from Mani Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy and so much fun! I can't wait to see what your version looks like!

      Delete
  3. These are so beautiful, I love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete